Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chicken & Dumpling Soup

This recipe came from a friend. I have changed some things from the original recipe-  I cut up a half an onion into big chunks to add some flavor and I try to throw in some carrots and corn in attempts to get my toddler to eat some vegetables :)
Another easy recipe that is a family favorite!
Ingredients:
  • 1 can Grands Reduced Fat biscuits
  • 2 cans Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 2 32 oz cartons Fat Free Chicken Broth
  • 3 large chicken breasts
  • (again- I add some onion and carrots/corn)
  • seasons to taste - garlic, onion, rosemary, parsley, pepper, crushed red pepper for kick (I typically use rosemary)
Directions:
Cook chicken with seasonings.
Bring broth and cream of chicken soup to a boil.
Add chicken (and vegetables if you want to add them)
Cut up biscuits into small pieces and add to broth
Turn heat to Low-Medium and cover
Simmer about 10-15 minutes - stir and check dumplings
If still raw- cover and continue to simmer until done
Submitted by Kelly Guzie

No comments:

Post a Comment